NEL Tornado 12x13 7.5khz coil.

Only for the discussion of the Minelab X-TERRA range of metal detectors within this forum.
Batman

NEL Tornado 12x13 7.5khz coil.

Post by Batman » Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:01 am

Hi everyone, i am contemplating getting the NEL Tornado 12x13 7.5khz coil for my X Terra 705 to go along side the 10.5DD 7.5khz stock coil i already use, my permissions are 90% pasture and i have read many good reviews on here praising it very highly across a wide range of detectors, but has anyone hooked it up to the 705 in particular and if so what did you think of it? Your thoughts and comments would be very much appreciated this side of me taking the plunge and getting one. ::g :)

Longhair

Re: NEL Tornado 12x13 7.5khz coil.

Post by Longhair » Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:13 pm

To me this is very simple.
You really can't directly compare the performance of NEL coils made for other machines to what they've pirated to produce for Xterras. NEL is manufacturing Xterra coils without authorisation from Minelab. Now that might not seem like a big deal to some, but it should be. The Xterra series are the first all digital detectors, so regardless of the hardware it's all about the programming. NEL does NOT have access to any Minelab technical data relative to their programming, so beyond the basic construction that they had to reverse engineer the rest is just a guess, and it is virtually impossible to "guess" nearly as accurately as required for optimum function.

On the other hand, Minelab and Coiltek have a long standing cooperative agreement, and Coiltek has worked directly with Minelab in the development of many coils for several machines (not just the Xterra and CTX3030).

So the bottom line is that if you desire the best equipment, optimized for function, stick with the twelve available authorised coils offered by Minelab and Coiltek for your Xterra. They come with a two year warranty, and out perform anything that the Eastern Europeans have knocked off.
If you slow down, you'll achieve a more harmonious outcome.

holloway

Post by holloway » Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:51 pm

I have just got a 15 ins coiltek 7.5k superb coil exra depth i wouldnt look anywhere else.

Batman

Post by Batman » Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:18 pm

Thanks for that Longhair, i will bear it in mind. ::g

newseeker

Post by newseeker » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:37 am

Great coil better than stock in my opinion only downside is it feels heavier even thou i believe it weighs less than the stock coil. There a new thunder coil out that might possibly be even better, this has the same surface area but a different configuration.You could argue that Graham Alexander Bell invented the first metal detector, are Minelab and all the other companys paying his offspring royalties as they are pirating his technology.
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab x-terra 705,CscopeR1

Longhair

Post by Longhair » Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:32 pm

newseeker wrote:Great coil better than stock in my opinion only downside is it feels heavier even thou i believe it weighs less than the stock coil. There a new thunder coil out that might possibly be even better, this has the same surface area but a different configuration.You could argue that Graham Alexander Bell invented the first metal detector, are Minelab and all the other companys paying his offspring royalties as they are pirating his technology.
Using your line of logic.......a Yugo is as good as a Jaguar.
If you slow down, you'll achieve a more harmonious outcome.

Batman

Post by Batman » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:31 pm

Thanks for your comments newseeker, so how do you find it in wet or damp conditions because I have read a few posts on here that say it becomes somewhat unstable!

newseeker

Post by newseeker » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:01 pm

Not that i have noticed i have a first generation coil i think, so im not sure if there have been any changes in the later coils. The tornado is waterproof and built strong, i have the standard coil still that i had to fiberglass the lug back on, i still use it when the tornado has zapped my energy because of the balance issue with the tornado.
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab x-terra 705,CscopeR1

Return to “Minelab X-TERRA Forum”