Wireless headphones for Xterra 705

Only for the discussion of the Minelab X-TERRA range of metal detectors within this forum.
vikingwarrior

Wireless headphones for Xterra 705

Post by vikingwarrior »

Hi all i have a pair of steepletones wireless headphones, ive only tried them with the air test, has anyone used these in the field? If so how are they? Do the batterys last long etc? Any way of making them rain proof?
V.W

One day Rodney we'll be millionaires...
X-TERRA 705 + GPP
Best finds to date:
Bronze Age chisel
Silver propelling pencil seal
1 silver ring
1 lizy hammy
41 silver coins
7 bronze rings
1 Queen Anne coin
4 William 3 silver coin
William 3 silver love token

Longhair

Re: Wireless headphones for Xterra 705

Post by Longhair »

I haven't used that brand, but by virtue of being Bluetooth they will likely have a lag that will drive you crazy.
Go ahead and try them, but don't be surprised if you're disappointed. I tried several before finding what works.

FWIW, probably the best thing going right now are the TDK WR700 set. They are discontinued officially, but can be had at a very good price if you can find them on closeout somewhere.
If you slow down, you'll achieve a more harmonious outcome.

vikingwarrior

Post by vikingwarrior »

Longhair wrote:I haven't used that brand, but by virtue of being Bluetooth they will likely have a lag that will drive you crazy.
Go ahead and try them, but don't be surprised if you're disappointed. I tried several before finding what works.

FWIW, probably the best thing going right now are the TDK WR700 set. They are discontinued officially, but can be had at a very good price if you can find them on closeout somewhere.
I will have a look for a pair of them, many thanks, ive got to say though during the air test I didn't notice any lag, mabe it will be different in the field though
v.w
One day Rodney we'll be millionaires...
X-TERRA 705 + GPP
Best finds to date:
Bronze Age chisel
Silver propelling pencil seal
1 silver ring
1 lizy hammy
41 silver coins
7 bronze rings
1 Queen Anne coin
4 William 3 silver coin
William 3 silver love token

Longhair

Post by Longhair »

The lag becomes apparent when you sweep over a target and then go back to find it. That ¼ sec delay will have you over the same target times longer than necessary, and you'll soon find yourself fighting the urge to bin the whole mess.

I tried two Bluetooth setups and an FM rig too. Bluetooth lagged, and FM compresses the audio signal too much as well as being more susceptible to interference. Units utilizing "Kleer Technology" seem to be the best. Auvio used to make a great set, but they were discontinued long before the TDK's. Sennheiser makes a set, but they are awfully pricey. A Chinese outfit named Rapoo also makes them, but stay away from the cheap models in their line if you want to gamble on them.
If you slow down, you'll achieve a more harmonious outcome.

BEEPEE

Post by BEEPEE »

I use the deteknix wireless headphones on my signum,in a word brilliant, no lag nice sharp tones. hh Baz

Fusion

Post by Fusion »

Bluetooth links that use the aptX Low Latency codec have minimal lag, typically less than 40 msec.
The Avantree Saturn is one such system:
http://www.avantree.com/product-bluetoo ... n-pro.html

da fox

Post by da fox »

i have the rapoo wireless one and they work great no noticable lag and good quality sound

Return to “Minelab X-TERRA Forum”