Wedding ring found in record time!

Trotboy

Wedding ring found in record time!

Post by Trotboy » Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:02 pm

I had a pm on here from Emma, who had lost her wedding ring at a nearby Horse Show close to Tiverton. I let her know that via the FID I offer a free recovery service and asked her to obtain permission from the landowner (Being the National Trust that was even more important) and to have a good think about where it might be located. After a brief chat we agreed to meet at the field and have a search.

Well this morning I eventually found her after a few wrong turns, and we set out across the field with her husband and daughter. They were very accurate about where their vehicle and horses had been located, and I could see the vehicle tracks, so took them as my starting point. I knocked the sensitivity back to 10 and set off. After three swings I got a peachy signal, I looked at them and they looked surprised as I smiled and said "This could well be it - already!" pinpointed it and got out the Vibraprobe, right on top of the signal I parted the grass and there it was! I don't think Emma could believe it! There were a few tears of joy and amazement, and we walked back to the cars.

I'd say we set a record - it was certainly well under a minute of searching. I showed a few recent finds to them. Emma offered some compensation which I politely declined, suggesting instead that she write a note to the FID website and if they wanted to make a small donation to the local Museum. I also suggested that if they know anyone who might have some land they'd be willing to let me detect on to hook me up if possible. A very successful good deed done!

Recent finds: Papal Bulla of Clement V, Mary Groat, James 1st Scottish 20p, Republican Silver Denarius 130BC, Trajan Silver Denarius, Edward VII Hammered Shilling.

Harry Digger

Re: Wedding ring found in record time!

Post by Harry Digger » Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:32 pm

Well done Trotters; Excellent result mate ::g
Roy Everett ‏@RoyEverett 1h
I'm outside Old Trafford and there's a guy burning small effigies of Rooney and selling them to fans. Oh, hang on. It's a baked potato stand.

Dave8472

Re: Wedding ring found in record time!

Post by Dave8472 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:27 pm

Nice result ::g

Dave ';
Minelab Equinox 800 : 15", 11" Coils
XP Deus V3.2 - WS5 : 9" Coil
Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Garmin eTrex 20 GPS

Return to “Success Stories”