Looking for buddy in Peterborough /Stamford area

Looking for someone / buddy in your area to go Metal Detecting with ? look here
Asta

Looking for buddy in Peterborough /Stamford area

Post by Asta »

I am looking for a buddy to go detecting with in the Peterborough / Stamford area. I have just started metal detecting so I am inexperienced. I have got a detector and a crown estate foreshore permit. Please help :)

geoman

Re: Looking for buddy in Peterborough /Stamford area

Post by geoman »

There are some clubs in Lincolnshire which may have vacancies, but there are none in the area you live. You can always join Central Searchers who hold regular searches and as a newbie you will meet plenty of experienced detectorists who will help you out. Google them.

razzle

Post by razzle »

Hi Asta,

Did you ever find a buddy or info regarding a club? I'm in Peterborough and working on getting a few permissions at the moment - looking forward to getting out there!

Ben

garie

Post by garie »

Hi I live in Castel Bytham near Stamford and need to fine a littel black box under the flooring in my house can you or anybody help....

sweepstick47

Post by sweepstick47 »

Hi garie, Due to the amount of metalwork and the effects of EMI to be found around the structure of a house, I feel it would be virtually impossible to locate such an item using a metal detector. Sorry to be the bearer. Regards ss47
A disservice is no service at all.

garie

Post by garie »

Hi may thanks for getting back. This is not a very exiting project as I know the box is in an area less then a half meter square and the metal box contains an under floor heating connection the I believe has broken.

Steveo1973

Post by Steveo1973 »

Hi Asta,

I live in Peterborough and have been metal detecting for about a year now. Getting permissions is very hard to come across and by the amount of refuses you'll get soon gets new starters down and they tend to give up too quickly. Your best bet is to join Facebook Clubs local to you as the advice and Getting out on Digs with them is the best way forward.

Have a look on facebook their are groups on their who I go with which are quite local if you drive. a couple to mention are "Find A Field" great bunch of people, normally run digs around Grantham/Newark way and also "The Detectorists" They run digs around Wisbech, Guyhurn, Cambs and Norfolk.

If you want anymore Info please drop me a message and I'll Try and help as much as I can. Welcome to a great Hobby!!!

Steve

ps. You dont need a crown estate permit now. You can detect most beaches around the east coast for free and permit free aslong as they are owned by Crown Estates. You can check this buy looking at their website and follow the Map they supply to see areas they cover. pretty much most of the east coast.
Steve
Minelab Equinox 600

AndreRitter

Post by AndreRitter »

Hey folk, I'm in Alwalton and looking to get out and about with my antique SID.

I have a permission in Coates and am researching a couple of small fields on my doorstep.

I'm available Mondays, Tuesday's and Saturdays if anyone wants to come out and play.

AndreRitter

Post by AndreRitter »

BTW. I'm colour blind so that map makes no sense to me whatsoever. Does anyone have a list or idea of beaches around the south coast that are NOT Crown property so i dont get busted on holiday?

Return to “Finding a Buddy Forum”