Howden East Yorkshire - Lost Wedding Ring

Lost a metal Object ? Find Someone who can help.
teddyboy27

Howden East Yorkshire - Lost Wedding Ring

Post by teddyboy27 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:14 pm

Hello everybody,

I've been reading some of the lost/found posts on here and it's spurred me on to posting my own request for your help.

The ring in question was lost on a track at the side of a farmer's field, directly off a country lane outside Howden. The upside to this is that the search area should be relatively small and quite specific. The downside is that it was lost around 20 years ago (so this was pre-Internet) and despite searching 'manually' we never found it.

We didn't know of anybody with a detector at the time, nor how to find anybody. Naturally the ring was replaced but I've always regretted moving away and leaving it there. The ring is of next to no monetary value really but the sentimental value is frankly enormous.

The piece of land is still a track now, though I know it has been ploughed up once or twice in the intervening time - also, because we moved away from the area, I could only be present for the search at an extreme push. Not impossible though.

I do know who owns the land, so if anybody is willing to have a look for me I can contact him for permission. It's only really the entrance and not in an actual field but will keep it 'by the book'.

If there's anybody in the Howden/Goole area that can help out, please let me know and we'll take it from there. I'd love to be able to have the ring back, and get it all cleaned/polished up so that I can give it back to Mrs TB27 after all this time.

Here's hoping it hasn't fallen victim to the plough/magpies etc....

Many thanks in advance.

-TB27

BlackBridgeBoy

Re: Howden East Yorkshire - Lost Wedding Ring

Post by BlackBridgeBoy » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:25 pm

Hello.
I live only 3-4 miles away from Howden.
Send me a Private Message through the Forum, and I'll go down and see if I can find it for you.
Regards.
Nick.
BBB.
Yorkshire Born & Bred

Lanerider

Post by Lanerider » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:30 pm

contact yorkshire searchers they dig the area regular

teddyboy27

Post by teddyboy27 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:38 pm

BBB - PM sent.