Are these valuable?

Please only post topics related to Bottle Digging here.

Are these valuable?

Post by HoardingDragon » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:38 pm

Hi All, I am around a site where there was a victorian era dump, and people have done bottle digging on this site in the past,. fast forward a few years, there are now volunteers cleaning up the grounds and leaving piles to be sent to trash later - i don't think they will spot if something is valuable and i wouldn't know either, could you take a look at the picture and tell if there's anything valuable among these?

Or perhaps worth taking these and make some proper pics per bottle?

Garett ACE250 + NEL Tornado coil.

Re: Are these valuable?

Post by sweepstick47 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:04 pm

It's 20 odd years since I was bottle digging! I can't see anything to float anyone's boat in the pic - however, each to their own. The eagerly sought but elusive 'Codd's green/blue beauties were never to feature in the results of my bottle digging endeavours. :( Perhaps this is an opportunity to diversify 8-| All the best - Regards ss47

Edit:- The above indicates a dump of mostly 20thC date bottles.
Arado 130 - Garrett Groundhog - Tesoro Eldorado - Fisher 1265X - Goldmax Power Makro Racer. Homemade Harness!

Re: Are these valuable?

Post by Koala » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:46 pm

Look a bit more modern than Victorian. See a few screw tops. Are they valuable. No idea. EBay is a weird place. Take the brown Bovril jar bottom right. They were in the shops a few decades ago. They have a buy now of over £5 normally but do they sell.

Return to “Bottle Digging”