Constantine 1 ( The Great )

Please tell us a little about your finds and if possible add a few pictures.
ARCH

Constantine 1 ( The Great )

Post by ARCH »

Just a quick Roman show of a lovely detailed Roman coin of Constantine 1 found a few weeks ago.

Tactics now are locate the good areas with the large X35 coil and then move down to the small Elliptical HF coil using 17 Hz,with high reactivity to get through all the mineralisation and occupation contamination.

For any number people out there came it at a very steady 75 .

Rightly or wrongly as mentioned previously I am a number man using notch programs for coin shooting. Knowing this particular site now for a couple of years I know that Roman coins come in between 70 and 90 around 95% of the time ( bronze to silver.) Not sure what gold would come in at though since I have never found one..... yet !!

Lower than 70 the coins are usually grots or fragments. All the excellent quality ones have for sure without exception all come in around that 75 number I think because of their condition , shape and thickness.

Lesson to be noted is forget what people say or you see on the internet, just set up your machine to suit your personal preferences and the site you are searching .

XP Deus
Elliptical coil
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PinkFloyd

Re: Constantine 1 ( The Great )

Post by PinkFloyd »

::g

fred

Post by fred »

Nice little coin. ::g
Equinox 800 x2

thefiggis

Post by thefiggis »

I never used to pay any attention to numbers and still largely don't, with the exception of one field which lobs a lot of Roman at me.

If I get a mid-50s signal with a slight iron buzz I can pretty much guarantee it's going to be Roman and I get all excited. Trouble is, I'm often all disappointed as foil gives an alomost exact replica reading/sound, so I dig quite a lot of that. No way am I going to walk past that sort of signal, though. Not on that field.

That's using the Ultimate programme and standard coil, by the way.
Essential equipment:
Some sort of electrical gubbins(I'm told it's a Deus). In various colours
Jenkins
Gin.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat »

Here is mine, it looks very similar. I found it in October - took it to York P.A.S. and got a very detailed report back. You probably know this but there is a statue of this particular Constantine outside York Minster.

It's such a wonderful feeling when you dig out something like this - your's looks in amazing condition.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

theoriginalfatcat

Here he is, sitting outside York Minster.

ARCH

Post by ARCH »

WOW !! excellent statue in York.

theoriginalfatcat

Personally I don't understand what he has on his shins! At first glance I thought they were a fancy type of high boot with added lions heads to impress the ladies, but he's wearing sandals - so lions head shin shields?

alloverover

Post by alloverover »

Anyone whos anyone needs Lion Shins ;)

Return to “Finds - Stories Forum”