Trading site

Please tell us a little about your finds and if possible add a few pictures.
Post Reply
User avatar
alloverover
Posts: 11110
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:49 pm
Has thanked: 722 times
Been thanked: 1352 times

Trading site

Post by alloverover » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:16 pm

Back again this morning, a few hours and going through lots of settings to drag out these few bits, couple of hammered, bag seal, bit of Roman bracelet, buckles etc etc, love sites like this and with next to no junk although huge amounts of small iron, much fun every time I go on woof woof 🐢🐢
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.



User avatar
fred
Posts: 10214
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:15 pm
Location: Kent
Has thanked: 2273 times
Been thanked: 5956 times

Re: Trading site

Post by fred » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:20 pm

That's just the sort of site that you need to keep your interest up! :D
Equinox 800 x2

User avatar
alloverover
Posts: 11110
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:49 pm
Has thanked: 722 times
Been thanked: 1352 times

Re: Trading site

Post by alloverover » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:25 pm

fred wrote: ↑
Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:20 pm
That's just the sort of site that you need to keep your interest up! :D
Yes Fred, still need to get hold of my brothers Nox and have a go, see if it makes a significant differance or not ::g

User avatar
Allectus
Posts: 27531
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Essexshire ;-)
Has thanked: 1031 times
Been thanked: 5314 times

Re: Trading site

Post by Allectus » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:27 pm

That's a decent site, well done mate! ::g

A ;)
British by Birth - English by the Grace Of God.

User avatar
Blackadder43
Admin
Posts: 10930
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:34 pm
Location: Somerset
Has thanked: 1223 times
Been thanked: 1159 times

Re: Trading site

Post by Blackadder43 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:27 pm

You can borrow my Nox!!
But it comes with an attachment...


Me :D
When you are right no one remembers; when you are wrong no one forgets

User avatar
alloverover
Posts: 11110
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:49 pm
Has thanked: 722 times
Been thanked: 1352 times

Re: Trading site

Post by alloverover » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:30 pm

Bloody blimey, forgot to include the coin weight, just saw it when I went to get another gin, yes Bruce, I have to get it myself :)) 6.6 g so almost quarter ounce I think :-/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
fred
Posts: 10214
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:15 pm
Location: Kent
Has thanked: 2273 times
Been thanked: 5956 times

Re: Trading site

Post by fred » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:40 pm

alloverover wrote: ↑
Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:25 pm
fred wrote: ↑
Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:20 pm
That's just the sort of site that you need to keep your interest up! :D
Yes Fred, still need to get hold of my brothers Nox and have a go, see if it makes a significant differance or not ::g
It almost certainly will anyway but even more so if there is a lot of iron. It takes a bit of time to get used to the Nox though, especially in difficult ground. :D
Equinox 800 x2

User avatar
alloverover
Posts: 11110
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:49 pm
Has thanked: 722 times
Been thanked: 1352 times

Re: Trading site

Post by alloverover » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:43 pm

alloverover wrote: ↑
Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:30 pm
Bloody blimey, forgot to include the coin weight, just saw it when I went to get another gin, yes Bruce, I have to get it myself :)) 6.6 g so almost quarter ounce I think :-/
Just started looking into this, mine is 6.2 g so must be for a full noble, bit more than two halfs though :D


https://finds.org.uk/database/artefacts/record/id/43131

User avatar
Oxgirl36
Moderator
Posts: 10696
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:54 pm
Location: Oxfordshire
Has thanked: 4326 times
Been thanked: 4823 times

Re: Trading site

Post by Oxgirl36 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:49 pm

Hard work on the ears but not so bad when you get some reward for your efforts. Great days detecting there :D
Carpe vinum

XP Deus !!Β£$ I use the HOT programme on 17khz, reactivity at 2.5 on v5.21 with the X35 11” coil

Hammered silver 2019 - 20 8=ypr

User avatar
fred
Posts: 10214
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:15 pm
Location: Kent
Has thanked: 2273 times
Been thanked: 5956 times

Re: Trading site

Post by fred » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:52 pm

alloverover wrote: ↑
Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:43 pm
alloverover wrote: ↑
Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:30 pm
Bloody blimey, forgot to include the coin weight, just saw it when I went to get another gin, yes Bruce, I have to get it myself :)) 6.6 g so almost quarter ounce I think :-/
Just started looking into this, mine is 6.2 g so must be for a full noble, bit more than two halfs though :D


https://finds.org.uk/database/artefacts/record/id/43131
That doesn't really look like a weight for a single, specific coin. It's also far newer than nobles anyway, even though they circulated for a long while. I am a tad suspicious of the information in the link. :D
Equinox 800 x2

User avatar
alloverover
Posts: 11110
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:49 pm
Has thanked: 722 times
Been thanked: 1352 times

Re: Trading site

Post by alloverover » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:55 pm

fred wrote: ↑
Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:52 pm
alloverover wrote: ↑
Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:43 pm
alloverover wrote: ↑
Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:30 pm
Bloody blimey, forgot to include the coin weight, just saw it when I went to get another gin, yes Bruce, I have to get it myself :)) 6.6 g so almost quarter ounce I think :-/
Just started looking into this, mine is 6.2 g so must be for a full noble, bit more than two halfs though :D


https://finds.org.uk/database/artefacts/record/id/43131
That doesn't really look like a weight for a single, specific coin. It's also far newer than nobles anyway, even though they circulated for a long while. :D
Don't know Fred but I wouldn't argue with Paul or Bente about it, that's what they seem to think :D ::g

User avatar
fred
Posts: 10214
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:15 pm
Location: Kent
Has thanked: 2273 times
Been thanked: 5956 times

Re: Trading site

Post by fred » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:28 pm

alloverover wrote: ↑
Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:55 pm
fred wrote: ↑
Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:52 pm
alloverover wrote: ↑
Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:43 pm


Just started looking into this, mine is 6.2 g so must be for a full noble, bit more than two halfs though :D


https://finds.org.uk/database/artefacts/record/id/43131
That doesn't really look like a weight for a single, specific coin. It's also far newer than nobles anyway, even though they circulated for a long while. :D
Don't know Fred but I wouldn't argue with Paul or Bente about it, that's what they seem to think :D ::g

There are several on the Colchester TH site all given the same dates too. Not sure what is going on with the weight of yours though. ::g
Equinox 800 x2

User avatar
alloverover
Posts: 11110
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:49 pm
Has thanked: 722 times
Been thanked: 1352 times

Re: Trading site

Post by alloverover » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:33 pm

fred wrote: ↑
Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:28 pm
alloverover wrote: ↑
Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:55 pm
fred wrote: ↑
Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:52 pm


That doesn't really look like a weight for a single, specific coin. It's also far newer than nobles anyway, even though they circulated for a long while. :D
Don't know Fred but I wouldn't argue with Paul or Bente about it, that's what they seem to think :D ::g

There are several on the Colchester TH site all given the same dates too. Not sure what is going on with the weight of yours though. ::g
https://finds.org.uk/database/artefacts ... /id/403812 ::g

User avatar
alloverover
Posts: 11110
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:49 pm
Has thanked: 722 times
Been thanked: 1352 times

Re: Trading site

Post by alloverover » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:40 pm

alloverover wrote: ↑
Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:33 pm
fred wrote: ↑
Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:28 pm
alloverover wrote: ↑
Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:55 pm


Don't know Fred but I wouldn't argue with Paul or Bente about it, that's what they seem to think :D ::g

There are several on the Colchester TH site all given the same dates too. Not sure what is going on with the weight of yours though. ::g
https://finds.org.uk/database/artefacts ... /id/403812 ::g
So mine is also 98 grains, looks like its from before 1471,,,,,Colchester treasure hunting site can be used as a reference only, its as accurate as PAS or even less tbh ::g

Post Reply

Return to β€œFinds - Stories Forum”