IMPORTANT NEW Members - HAMMY CODE

Please post any finds here that you wish help with identification.
Scotty68

Re: HAMMY CODE

Post by Scotty68 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:31 pm

Bump ::g ::g
It's not getting used much :D

Swinging a Whites Spectra V3i
Garrett Pro Pointer

liamnolan

Post by liamnolan » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:54 pm

Thanks for that scotty and you are right. Its always a balance between letting members enjoy the forum without too much control and at the same time trying to get people to spend just 30 secs more when they ask for an ID. Too many members seem to to think that forum is there as just to serve their ID needs and forget that it is a FORUM where we all like to chat about whats been found, where and how. Now and then I contact a few members to remind them of the HAMMY code but is often seen as unwanted interference in their use of a FREE resource.
Might be a good idea for others to remind other members now and then of how much more interesting their find will become if they give more details.
Liam ::g
Deus, WSi's - In the end we will regret the chances we didn't take, the relationships we were afraid to have and the decisions we waited too long to make .. Secretary Irish Metal Detecting Society IMDS

oliver

Post by oliver » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:59 pm

Yes a good point i try to say where i find things a and the beep used and the settings. ::g
Oliver
XP DEUS
MINELAB SOV GT with 13 ultimate DD coil
LASER B3
MUCK DIGGER SAND SCOOP
FLOATING SIEVE
PLASTIC SAND SHOVEL
CHEST WADERS
GARRET PROBE
EVOLUTIONS HAND TROWEL
GARRET PROBE WITH SHEATH

liamnolan

Post by liamnolan » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:12 pm

oliver wrote:Yes a good point i try to say where i find things a and the beep used and the settings. ::g
Thanks and already noted, good example for others. Have a browse around the latest ID requests and praise where its merited. "Deus, on tracking, GMP prog, 2 tone, 3ins down on light stubble" takes about 15 secs, Liam ::g :;@
Deus, WSi's - In the end we will regret the chances we didn't take, the relationships we were afraid to have and the decisions we waited too long to make .. Secretary Irish Metal Detecting Society IMDS

barny

Post by barny » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:36 am

THATS A VERY GOOD POST M8 ::g

liamnolan

Post by liamnolan » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:43 pm

Everyone, if you spot an ID request post that gives lots of good info, say "well done" ::g
Much nicer to praise people who do things right instead of reminding those who do not!
Liam :;@

liamnolan

Post by liamnolan » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:21 pm

Hi all, great to see your finds but PLEASE abide by the guidelines and do a proper ID request, it takes only 20 seconds more and adds a LOT more interest.
Some recent ID requests have been of very limited info, don't forget the 3 pics per day rules as well unless you use a remote server such as photobucket, thanks, Liam ::g :;@

DAVYBFAST

Re: FINDS IDENTIFICATION SERVICE

Post by DAVYBFAST » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:21 pm

Blackadder43 wrote:As a true Brit i absolutely refuse to conform to European standards set by some numpty in brussels
I measure in inches, i weigh my bananas in pounds and ounces, i measure my walls in feet and inches, i like bent bananas and not straight ones.....

No Offense intended John....
do ladys in europ say 200mm no i dont think so 8" rl;

liamnolan

Post by liamnolan » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:10 pm

For our evening browsing members, please take the extra 20 seconds to information such as depth, machine prog/settings, soil, type of area found etc, makes your exciting find a bit more interesting for the rest of us, good luck, Liam ::g

Dave8472

Post by Dave8472 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:30 am

Hi all, can we remember if someone ID's your item can you thank them please, research takes quite some time. I have seen a couple of posts where the OP hasn't bothered to acknowledge a completed ID ;;z

For the new ID'ers out there

Also if you think you know what an item is, can you please state where you have acquired the ID from, ie Spink 1234, UKDFD, PAS site etc, with a proper description and details, or a link, this can be quite important for Roman coins, it will also then help the requester research the item a little further if needed. If it is a guess, please say this is your best guess, rather than just putting "Commodus" (random Roman picked, not aimed at anyone)

Dave &*(

liamnolan

Post by liamnolan » Mon May 20, 2013 9:16 am

We have some members having a go on the ID front, well done to them ::g and it will help them a LOT if we add as much info as possible. This is what we are after ...
"Hi all, found this with my trusty Deus, on GMP and tracking, 8ins down in iron infested ploughed that has seen some scattering of roman pottery over the years. Had a brief research and it may be a liamismaximus vagius? Hope the pics are clear enough. Thanks in advance, Diggius"
Lets make the effort, raise the standards and help others to help YOU, Liam ::g :;@

lordofthecoils

Post by lordofthecoils » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:27 pm

talk about breaking the hammy code :)) a post some time back had a garbled request for id with no pics because the poster didn't know how to upload ,and a vague description of the item . bless the persons cotton socks but you could read the excitement in his replies as some of the old die hards quissed him on the item. and stone me they actually ided it posting own pics of what they though it was and got it identified .....hows that for service. =)) ...........ray ::g ::g ::g ::g ::g ::g
ps a type of post for ideing , :D not to be encouraged :D ::g ::g ::g ::g ::g

liamnolan

Post by liamnolan » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:32 am

ha ha Good to see that the forum support is always there, I hope my idea of the HAMMY code is not seen as OTT but encouragement to give us as much info as possible, good luck to all, Liam ::g

Boandtia

Post by Boandtia » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:49 pm

As an expat I did smile at Mr Black Adders remark ." he is not going metric " can I assume then he is still using 212 pennies to the pound , or whatever it used to be ?.lol
Minelab Excalibur 11
Garrett AT Pro International
Garrett Sea Hunter MK 2
Garrett Propointer.
Makro Waterproof Pointer.
Flask of coffee / brandy
Plenty of fags
A lot of patience

Blackadder43

Post by Blackadder43 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:58 pm

Boandtia wrote:As an expat I did smile at Mr Black Adders remark ." he is not going metric " can I assume then he is still using 212 pennies to the pound , or whatever it used to be ?.lol
I still trade in sheep and turnips ::g
When you are right no one remembers; when you are wrong no one forgets

NeverWntd2Dance

Post by NeverWntd2Dance » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:20 pm

Think this needs a good bump! ::g

We are seeing a lot of posts lately that simply state help please with a picture or two ;;z

We have some fantastic members on this forum who spend alot of time researching and identifying finds for all of us, so taking the effort to put a bit of extra information goes a long way and it only takes 2 minutes ::g

Laura 98;
Etrac & Laser Hawkeye
Garrett pro-pointer
Aardvark spade
Member of South Yorkshire MDC :)
+ Plenty of hope and enthusiasm 98;

liamnolan

Post by liamnolan » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:46 pm

Thanks Laura. Many of our members are newcomers and may not have spooted this ID Guide, but its on show now and so lets all make a good effort to get the info into that first post and not have to gradually add it later on in more posts.
There may be some ID posts rejected if they fall way off the mark for information, Liam ;)

liamnolan

Post by liamnolan » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:56 pm

Bumped for those members who don't seem to have read it. I have removed three ID request this evening that simply ask for an ID and give no other info. Its good manners to give the basic surrounding info, makes it much more enjoyable for the members to enjoy, they may be using the same machine and will be interested in what settings were used, what type of soil, how deep etc.
Hope this post does not offend members, it takes about 20 more seconds to add the info thats in your head, cheers, Liam ::g

THE MOLE

Re: FINDS IDENTIFICATION SERVICE

Post by THE MOLE » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:07 pm

Blackadder43 wrote:As a true Brit i absolutely refuse to conform to European standards set by some numpty in brussels
I measure in inches, i weigh my bananas in pounds and ounces, i measure my walls in feet and inches, i like bent bananas and not straight ones.....

No Offense intended John....
im sticking with bruce ::g
DOWSING RODS with a golden sense as backup LOL

Danzigman

Post by Danzigman » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:41 pm

B-)
XP DEUS. GPP VII. GARMIN etrex 20.
http://s1222.photobucket.com/user/Danzigman/library/

Return to “Identification of Finds”