Henry III cut half class 5b henri London

Please post any finds here that you wish help with identification.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT Before Creating an ID Request, Please Follow the H.A.M.M.Y Code Below....


H - Have at least two good sized clear photos, this is Mandatory
A - About your detecting day, type of land, depth found.
M - Measure items by doing the pics next to a scale or ruler. this is Mandatory
M - Machine used? settings? interesting to other users.
Y - You will always get a better ID if you supply more information.

*PLEASE NOTE: Use of a modern coin or written dimensions no longer qualify as a "scale". We need a properly-defined measure - metric or good old-fashioned inches will do.
Post Reply
User avatar
Lowland
Posts: 5492
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:18 am
Location: scottish middle march
Has thanked: 6061 times
Been thanked: 3000 times
Contact:

Henry III cut half class 5b henri London

Post by Lowland » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:27 am

Hello
Here’s the little cut half from yesterday-
I think perhaps class 5.
Any further info or correction very welcome ::g
Wasn’t much of a signal ,but enough to make me want to dig it.
Equinox 600 field 1
Sensitivity was cranked up to chirpy
All metal on.
I love the sound quality of the stock wired minelab headphones,
But -round cups that fit half way over yer lugs-hmmmm
They Are starting to hurt a bit.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Lowland on Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.


Shiny equinox600- taped up spade-dodgy elbow
.....................deeper bliss......................

User avatar
Allectus
Posts: 26516
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Essexshire ;-)
Has thanked: 813 times
Been thanked: 4388 times

Re: Henry III cut half class 5?

Post by Allectus » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:31 am

Yep, 5b. Henri - London. ::g

A ;)
British by Birth - English by the Grace Of God.

User avatar
Lowland
Posts: 5492
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:18 am
Location: scottish middle march
Has thanked: 6061 times
Been thanked: 3000 times
Contact:

Re: Henry III cut half class 5?

Post by Lowland » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:49 am

Allectus wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:31 am
Yep, 5b. Henri - London. ::g

A ;)
Truly superb ::g
Thank you Allectus
Shiny equinox600- taped up spade-dodgy elbow
.....................deeper bliss......................

User avatar
SuperRed
Posts: 1876
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:07 pm
Has thanked: 2215 times
Been thanked: 903 times

Re: Henry III cut half class 5?

Post by SuperRed » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:17 am

Cleaned up nicely Rory ::g
Brad

Equinox 800
Garrett Ace 400i
C-Scope 1220b

“My life has been full of terrible misfortunes most of which never happened.”
"It doesn't matter what you do, just do something: Don't just kill time whilst time is killing you"

User avatar
Lowland
Posts: 5492
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:18 am
Location: scottish middle march
Has thanked: 6061 times
Been thanked: 3000 times
Contact:

Re: Henry III cut half class 5?

Post by Lowland » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:30 am

SuperRed wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:17 am
Cleaned up nicely Rory ::g
Cheers Brad-sweet little coin,all the better for the full ID :D
The voided long cross are certainly the main course on this field.
My hunt for an early David continues....
Shiny equinox600- taped up spade-dodgy elbow
.....................deeper bliss......................

User avatar
shaggybfc
Posts: 758
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:53 pm
Location: Warwick
Has thanked: 503 times
Been thanked: 444 times

Re: Henry III cut half class 5?

Post by shaggybfc » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:54 am

Nice little coin. ::g
I don't know about an early David! I wouldn't be surprised if you found the Ark of the Covenant and the holy grail on that site :))
Andi
XP Deus, 11" X35 coil, WS4 back-phones, remote and an empty bank balance. XP MI 6 pin pointer. Garrett Ace 250 wireless MPow set up.
They told me I’d never be any good at poetry, because I’m dyslexic, but so far I’ve made 3 jugs and a vase.

User avatar
Lowland
Posts: 5492
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:18 am
Location: scottish middle march
Has thanked: 6061 times
Been thanked: 3000 times
Contact:

Re: Henry III cut half class 5?

Post by Lowland » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:16 pm

shaggybfc wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:54 am
Nice little coin. ::g
I don't know about an early David! I wouldn't be surprised if you found the Ark of the Covenant and the holy grail on that site :))
Andi
The oak island team are en route Andi!
There is something really special waiting to be found yet.
You getting out detecting much?
::g
Shiny equinox600- taped up spade-dodgy elbow
.....................deeper bliss......................

User avatar
fred
Posts: 9385
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:15 pm
Location: Kent
Has thanked: 1958 times
Been thanked: 5224 times

Re: Henry III cut half class 5?

Post by fred » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:06 pm

Ha! No only is he getting so many hammies that he's learning to identify them now he's even getting choosy about which ones he finds! I can remember when the questions were more along the lines of 'Is this bicycle pump Roman?' :D

Serious well done though, you really are becoming a hammy monster. ::g
Equinox 800 x2

User avatar
Oxgirl36
Moderator
Posts: 9326
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:54 pm
Location: Oxfordshire
Has thanked: 3705 times
Been thanked: 4018 times

Re: Henry III cut half class 5?

Post by Oxgirl36 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:15 pm

Sensitivity turned up to chirpy? =))

Mine is the same. It’s blooming tiring on the ears and brain though. I have my volume on quite high too so I don’t miss the whispery ones. The only trouble then is that the big iron is in danger of damaging my hearing I suspect =))

Have you any iron on there? I think I might need to dig and clear some to hear the other good stuff. I hate iron nails already h;@
XP Deus !!£$ I use the HOT programme on 17khz, reactivity at 2.5 on v5.21 with the X35 11” coil

Hammered silver 2019 - 13 x;

User avatar
Lowland
Posts: 5492
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:18 am
Location: scottish middle march
Has thanked: 6061 times
Been thanked: 3000 times
Contact:

Re: Henry III cut half class 5?

Post by Lowland » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:29 pm

fred wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:06 pm
Ha! No only is he getting so many hammies that he's learning to identify them now he's even getting choosy about which ones he finds! I can remember when the questions were more along the lines of 'Is this bicycle pump Roman?' :D

Serious well done though, you really are becoming a hammy monster. ::g
The ruddy bicycle pump was roman :)
Talking about the silver haul-it’s a dream site to work ,
With definitely more hiding away.
Along with big hours spent and learning the machine.
Took two years to get on site too :-w
Cheers ::g
Shiny equinox600- taped up spade-dodgy elbow
.....................deeper bliss......................

User avatar
Lowland
Posts: 5492
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:18 am
Location: scottish middle march
Has thanked: 6061 times
Been thanked: 3000 times
Contact:

Re: Henry III cut half class 5?

Post by Lowland » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:36 pm

Oxgirl36 wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:15 pm
Sensitivity turned up to chirpy? =))

Mine is the same. It’s blooming tiring on the ears and brain though. I have my volume on quite high too so I don’t miss the whispery ones. The only trouble then is that the big iron is in danger of damaging my hearing I suspect =))

Have you any iron on there? I think I might need to dig and clear some to hear the other good stuff. I hate iron nails already h;@
There’s patches of silence and just The odd iron signal now,
Every time I’m out I dig a few more up...
It has to help-I can only guess but it feels like some signals recently have developed from not being heard into definite diggers now.
There are still very busy bits yet to do-
The cart track has ancient roots and runs for miles
But it gets modern footfall -bits of foil and ring pulls.
And it’s hard as nails too. ::g
I also worry about my hearing but it’s only got to last as long as I’m upright :D
Shiny equinox600- taped up spade-dodgy elbow
.....................deeper bliss......................

Hollander54
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:03 am
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: Henry III cut half class 5?

Post by Hollander54 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:55 pm

Excellent photo .

User avatar
shaggybfc
Posts: 758
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:53 pm
Location: Warwick
Has thanked: 503 times
Been thanked: 444 times

Re: Henry III cut half class 5?

Post by shaggybfc » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:26 pm

Lowland wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:16 pm
You getting out detecting much?
::g
Hi Lowland, not as often as I'd like to. 2 annoyances get my way;
First annoyance - work. I spend most weeks out of the country, so only have weekends to detect.
Second annoyance - Family - a nagging wife who thinks that as I've been away, that I should spend my free time with her. Then Grandchildren - I can just about tolerate them. :D my 5yo grandson visited me in the field on Sunday and had a go at 'tecting - I'd been there for 2 hours, and found nothing of interest - he was there for 5 mins and found 2 really nice local buttons. The little git... :D :D

I do try to support the club digs, even if it's only for a few hours. Unfortunately, I don't find anything really exciting, certainly nothing good enough to post on here.
Andi
XP Deus, 11" X35 coil, WS4 back-phones, remote and an empty bank balance. XP MI 6 pin pointer. Garrett Ace 250 wireless MPow set up.
They told me I’d never be any good at poetry, because I’m dyslexic, but so far I’ve made 3 jugs and a vase.

User avatar
Easylife
Posts: 4680
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:23 pm
Has thanked: 1185 times
Been thanked: 2471 times

Re: Henry III cut half class 5?

Post by Easylife » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:36 pm

shaggybfc wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:26 pm
Unfortunately, I don't find anything really exciting, certainly nothing good enough to post on here.
Andi
Even interesting rubbish is good enough to post on here! :D ::g
Nox 800, 15" coil & Garrett carrot.
White's TDI SL

User avatar
Lowland
Posts: 5492
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:18 am
Location: scottish middle march
Has thanked: 6061 times
Been thanked: 3000 times
Contact:

Re: Henry III cut half class 5?

Post by Lowland » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:40 pm

Easylife wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:36 pm
shaggybfc wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:26 pm
Unfortunately, I don't find anything really exciting, certainly nothing good enough to post on here.
Andi
Even interesting rubbish is good enough to post on here! :D ::g
I am living proof of that easylife :))
Shiny equinox600- taped up spade-dodgy elbow
.....................deeper bliss......................

User avatar
Lowland
Posts: 5492
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:18 am
Location: scottish middle march
Has thanked: 6061 times
Been thanked: 3000 times
Contact:

Re: Henry III cut half class 5?

Post by Lowland » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:45 pm

shaggybfc wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:26 pm
Lowland wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:16 pm
You getting out detecting much?
::g
Hi Lowland, not as often as I'd like to. 2 annoyances get my way;
First annoyance - work. I spend most weeks out of the country, so only have weekends to detect.
Second annoyance - Family - a nagging wife who thinks that as I've been away, that I should spend my free time with her. Then Grandchildren - I can just about tolerate them. :D my 5yo grandson visited me in the field on Sunday and had a go at 'tecting - I'd been there for 2 hours, and found nothing of interest - he was there for 5 mins and found 2 really nice local buttons. The little git... :D :D

I do try to support the club digs, even if it's only for a few hours. Unfortunately, I don't find anything really exciting, certainly nothing good enough to post on here.
Andi
I hear you Andi,I would be out every day if I had the chance.
Blasted work can get in the way-I only take on new garden customers
if they have fields aroundabouts ::g
Can ye no get a weeks ‘work’ up here over the border...
I will sign you through the SNP check point.
Shiny equinox600- taped up spade-dodgy elbow
.....................deeper bliss......................

User avatar
shaggybfc
Posts: 758
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:53 pm
Location: Warwick
Has thanked: 503 times
Been thanked: 444 times

Re: Henry III cut half class 5?

Post by shaggybfc » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:01 pm

Lowland wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:45 pm

I will sign you through the SNP check point.
Ha ha, I'd be OK getting through the checkpoint - I have Scottish credentials - My mother's Scottish and my wife is from Stornoway, but don't hold that against me :D
XP Deus, 11" X35 coil, WS4 back-phones, remote and an empty bank balance. XP MI 6 pin pointer. Garrett Ace 250 wireless MPow set up.
They told me I’d never be any good at poetry, because I’m dyslexic, but so far I’ve made 3 jugs and a vase.

User avatar
Lowland
Posts: 5492
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:18 am
Location: scottish middle march
Has thanked: 6061 times
Been thanked: 3000 times
Contact:

Re: Henry III cut half class 5?

Post by Lowland » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:13 pm

shaggybfc wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:01 pm
Lowland wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:45 pm

I will sign you through the SNP check point.
Ha ha, I'd be OK getting through the checkpoint - I have Scottish credentials - My mother's Scottish and my wife is from Stornoway, but don't hold that against me :D
You have as good a credentials as me :D
Shiny equinox600- taped up spade-dodgy elbow
.....................deeper bliss......................

Post Reply

Return to “Identification of Finds Forum”