Whats the best item you have found on your beach.

Please only post topics related to beach or water metal detecting here.
LE.JAG

Re: Whats the best item you have found on your beach.

Post by LE.JAG » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:45 am

Hi,
my best find of the beginning of the year
2 escudos just out of the sand :-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PI Fisher--Aquamanta / Pulsepowers Goldscan 5C / Vista Gold / Nexus Coronado

forgive my english ...

patrington

Post by patrington » Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:03 pm

Facinating looking at the replys.....Question from a newbie. How deep in the sand were the rings coins etc etc. Cheers Patrington . Nr hull.

Danzigman

Post by Danzigman » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:04 pm

patrington wrote:Facinating looking at the replys.....Question from a newbie. How deep in the sand were the rings coins etc etc. Cheers Patrington . Nr hull.
Depend on how deep they was buried ::g
No seriously.. Some get really deep, and harder found. Some (Coins mostly) can be found on top eyes only..
- John (Search on sand only)
XP DEUS. GPP VII. GARMIN etrex 20.
http://s1222.photobucket.com/user/Danzigman/library/

patrington

Post by patrington » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:20 pm

Hi. Not got my detector yet, Its in the post. But going to Spurn point beaches for my first adventure. Any advice would be well recieved, Cheers lads.

LE.JAG

Post by LE.JAG » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:18 pm

patrington wrote:Facinating looking at the replys.....Question from a newbie. How deep in the sand were the rings coins etc etc. Cheers Patrington . Nr hull.
patrington wrote:Hi. Not got my detector yet, Its in the post. But going to Spurn point beaches for my first adventure. Any advice would be well recieved, Cheers lads.
Hi,
it all depends on the size of the target and sand
white or black
40 cm is possible on a beautiful signet 18k , see more

take a PI machine a good shovel and dig :))
PI Fisher--Aquamanta / Pulsepowers Goldscan 5C / Vista Gold / Nexus Coronado

forgive my english ...

ADDS

Post by ADDS » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:39 pm

me and my son go out but all the cash we get go to him so hope one day we get a nice gold ring then sell it on xD &*(

aggieuk

Post by aggieuk » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:08 pm

I got my first ring last week, a 925 silver ring, made up of five individual loose interconnected rings that sort of all roll onto your finger to make a nice lattice pattern! Not the most valuable find, but with my cheapy Bounty Hunter Tracker IV AND on a beach by the waterline. Only been out 6 or 7 times now! Can't wait for my first gold! :D
Last edited by aggieuk on Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Looking for a buddy in the Torbay area, get in touch!
XP Deus, BHT4 & CS4PI
Garrett Pinpointer
Evolution Pro Cut Spade

L4RGEY

Post by L4RGEY » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:20 pm

Hi All.

My name is Antony I live in Maidstone Kent and I have just purchased a basic MD to try and get into the hobby.
I would like to know if anyone could give me any advice and tips to help me get started.

Regards

Antony

lord lovell

Post by lord lovell » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:47 pm

my bestbeach find must be a dog tag i found with the dogs name on it on burnam on sea beach i sent it back to the owner who sent me a photo of dog and letter it was lost over twenty years ago sadly the dog allso died over ten years ago so thats my best beach find ::g

Hauptmann aD

Post by Hauptmann aD » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:05 pm

Some years ago from a beach vacation - immidiately confiscated by my daughter and since then worn almost daily.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tener

Post by tener » Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:54 am

My best beach find,£400 wake board:
http://i747.photobucket.com/albums/xx11 ... 7e3366.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
XP DEUS
GARRETT PRO POINTER
BLACK ADA RIPER
BLACK ADA INVADER
MINE LAB DIGGING TOOL

stubble hunter

Post by stubble hunter » Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:01 pm

.. found this on Weymouth beach yesterday - 9 carat ladies engagement and heavily hallmarked inside - also has 3 x diamonds or zircon or... ?
2.JPG
Had 3 days down there with my wife for the carnival. Beach was heaving so next morning I got up at the unearthly hour of 5.30. Got to the beach and found it deserted ! No dog walkers.. no skinny dippers.. no crashed out drunks just.. a tractor cleaning the sand and.. another 20 odd detectorists ! I knew it was popular but....
Got £20 odd in change that morning and later when the tide was low went out as far as I could and found the ring deep down.
Beach must have been well done over the years.. not even a Georgian :D
Cheers !
John in Gloucester
p.s. I am now going to do my utmost to reunite this ring with its owner. The ring also has the initials of a jewellers inside the band so I'm on the case now. For some reason I thought there was a ring recovery service here but I cant find it on this site...
XP DEUS - V3.2 (11" coil).
Settings: GMP, manual, 18khz

[member of Taynton Metal Detecting Club - http://www.glevumdetecting.co.uk

dynamiteuk

Post by dynamiteuk » Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:34 pm

http://www.metaldetectingforum.co.uk/vi ... .php?f=133" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

dont no if thats the link your looking for john
very nice find aswell

roy

Piratas

Post by Piratas » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:35 am

My first ring this summer:
Brand: Giorgio Visconti
Metal: White gold 14 carat
Brilliants: 0.10 carat
Brilliants color: D – EXC. WHITE+
XP Deus
Garrett Pro Pointer

dougie12

Post by dougie12 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:12 pm

A gold on silver Rotary womans watch .......funniest find was a three quarters full bottle of mayonnaise tied to an empty wine bottle full of marbles.
Garret 150( probabley the best of the 3)
Garret 350
Whites M6
Garret pro pointer(3 in 8 months,next 1 will be a cheaper model))

metalmickey

Post by metalmickey » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:54 pm

I was out on Irvine Beach on Saturday (19th Oct 13) In-between the heavy downpours, I found 14p in pennies in a pile, a fork, 3 billion cans and bottle tops if only this was fallout New Vegas i would be rich \:D/ . the fun find was 7 undamaged bullets heads some with striations, a bullet which like it hit as the other bullet head were filled with lead, a 1902 half penny and a really old shovel which in sure has some bullets holes in it there wasn't much left of it, these items were all found in the same area of the shovel maybe an old target practice. Does anyone know how to ID bullet heads and striations? I want to know if the heads are round about the same time period as the coin.
I'll post pictures when i find the cable to get them off my phone - bullets and coin the shovel was binned.

Dave8472

Post by Dave8472 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:47 pm

metalmickey wrote:I was out on Irvine Beach on Saturday (19th Oct 13) In-between the heavy downpours, I found 14p in pennies in a pile, a fork, 3 billion cans and bottle tops if only this was fallout New Vegas i would be rich \:D/ . the fun find was 7 undamaged bullets heads some with striations, a bullet which like it hit as the other bullet head were filled with lead, a 1902 half penny and a really old shovel which in sure has some bullets holes in it there wasn't much left of it, these items were all found in the same area of the shovel maybe an old target practice. Does anyone know how to ID bullet heads and striations? I want to know if the heads are round about the same time period as the coin.
I'll post pictures when i find the cable to get them off my phone - bullets and coin the shovel was binned.
If you post up the projectiles in the ordnance section and include exact dimensions there is a good chance they can be ID'd

Dave &*(

forest ferret

Post by forest ferret » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:54 pm

L4RGEY wrote:Hi All.

My name is Antony I live in Maidstone Kent and I have just purchased a basic MD to try and get into the hobby.
I would like to know if anyone could give me any advice and tips to help me get started.

Regards

Antony
You've found the right place mate, you'll get all the right advice here, welcome to the forum ::g
XP Déus 3.2

dougie12

Post by dougie12 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:39 pm

forest ferret wrote:
L4RGEY wrote:Hi All.

Regards

Antony
Only been detecting for nearly a year,so only little more than a begginner myself..but my advice would be ,dont expect too much in way of valuables,if you find them great....if you dont no problem....look at it as a hobby,the pleasure or fun is in the looking.....otherwise it can get an addiction like gambling ,the more cash or goodies you find -the more you want.I know a guy who has had some decent finds,but when he goes out and finds nothing (as everyone does) hes like a bear with a sore head.....and once this addiction gets to you like that ,its best to pack it in. The moment it is no longer fun for me (regardless of what I do or dont find)will be the day I pack it in.
Garret 150( probabley the best of the 3)
Garret 350
Whites M6
Garret pro pointer(3 in 8 months,next 1 will be a cheaper model))

Danzigman

Post by Danzigman » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:45 pm

well said.. Some even have the pleasure to be accompanied by a good friend or two... OooO
XP DEUS. GPP VII. GARMIN etrex 20.
http://s1222.photobucket.com/user/Danzigman/library/

Return to “Beach - Rivers - Water”