Best single freq. for Beach ?

Please only post topics related to beach or water metal detecting here.
bb700

Best single freq. for Beach ?

Post by bb700 »

I am a newcomer & this question may have been asked many times ; but are there any outstanding single frequency detectors out there for wet sand , I know of the CZ21's & P.I's .
So many manufacturers & models out there ; thought someone could wittle them down.
Thanks

fred

Re: Best single freq. for Beach ?

Post by fred »

PI machines are not for the faint hearted. They pick up all iron and most of them don't actually outperform more conventional detectors in depth so you end up doing a lot of digging for no real gain. I only use multifrequency detectors on beaches so I can't advise you about what single frequency ones are available. :D
Equinox 800 x2

geoff

Post by geoff »

I agree with Fred, I have a pi machine, my equinox is just as good on depth, and you get discrimination.
I love the pi machine, but after tests it does not offer me any real advantages.
The equinox can also be used as a single frequency machine, with a choice of frequencies.
Etrac , AT pro & equinox 800, c scope.

yourvibes

Post by yourvibes »

sorry, i must ask, any must have reason for single frequency ? . any old explorer or etrac are very good on the beech ( but they are multi frequency ) you can pick them up fairly cheap, they are deep and they do discriminate....

unless your seriously into keep fit ! you may regret a p.i. machine as you will need to dig every single little beep x;

Fusion

Post by Fusion »

Isn't Mr.BB wanting a single-freq machine, NOT a PI or Multi-freq ( such as the Fisher CZ machine he mentioned ) ?
( see his earlier posts - he wants to use it inland, too, sometimes )

They say low operating frequencies are less troubled by salt-water ( and the ground in general ). One machine that takes advantage of this is the DetectorPro Wader, running at 2.6 kHz. But it's not readily obtainable over here, and you'll have to look on U.S forums / Youtube etc to find out if it's what you're after. I suspect price will rule it out, unless you can obtain one secondhand over here.

Some Nokta-Makro machines [ Racer, Kruzer, Anfibio, Impact? ] are considered competent on the beach, a read of the NokMak section of the Forum may enlighten you.

Are you wanting waterproof ? ( seeing as you mentioned the CZ21 ), in which case your choice narrows a lot.
Last edited by Fusion on Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

hammy20

Post by hammy20 »

Hi, I have a CS4Pi, love it. Have no intention of using it other than for beach. Bought for £260 last January. Yes dug everything, have no issue with that, keeps me fit a 68. Paid for itself in a year. Why would I need £800 of detector to pick up exactly what I find? Do mine at minimal cost, B&Q snow shovel, £13 and plastic bag as rain cover. Don't need £100 worth of pinpointer? See detectorists look like going out on SAS missions. Enjoy😁.

geoff

Post by geoff »

I have a c scope 4pi too, it is a pleasure to use, I love the signals it gives.
Etrac , AT pro & equinox 800, c scope.

Return to “Beach - Rivers - Water”