Landowners Contract Permission Form

Please post all topics here related to the research and gaining permission to metal detect.
mrix
Founder

Landowners Contract Permission Form

Post by mrix » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:09 pm

Just thought I would make this link a sticky suggested by Jorvik B-)

Download here in PDF Format - Landowner Contract Permission Form

Cheers and thanks Jorvik

mrix

Blackadder43

Re: Landowners Contract

Post by Blackadder43 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:30 pm

Yea i have just used that one with my first granted farm permission.
Looks the business and with my new ncmd membership all is good in the world.
When you are right no one remembers; when you are wrong no one forgets

mrix
Founder

Post by mrix » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:33 pm

I have also recently joined the NCMD :)

Do you receive some kind of welcome pack or membership card?

Cheers
mrix

Ian

Post by Ian » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:03 pm

have you put this on the right thread mrix?

Anyway, you get a membership card, a letter of confirmation, a car sticker and the latest edition of their newspaper.

Ian
DOH! Detecting Our History

Teknetics T2....you know it makes sense

Jorvik Andi

Post by Jorvik Andi » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:27 pm

Your Welcome my friend... looks the biz don't ya think? :) B-)

Andi

bryn81

Post by bryn81 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:02 pm

mrix wrote:Just thought I would make this link a sticky suggested by Jorvik B-)

http://www.treasurehunting.co.uk/downlo ... DOWNER.pdf

Cheers and thanks Jorvik

mrix
do some of you guys actually ask the landowner to sign these? any problems when you actually showed them it?
might just be me but i think the landowners/farmers in my area would actually tell me to get lost if i asked them to do that.
seems like a very good idea i agree but i would be afraid if i had actually just been granted permission to then ask them to sign a contract even tho its in the best interest for both parties.

what you guys think? had any problems yourselves or everything ok when you asked?
E-Trac and Garrett Pro-Pointer

detectormad

Post by detectormad » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:22 pm

I own a farm, Many fields.. You brought that anywere near me you would be told to hop it..I am a farmer not a solicitor..

mrix
Founder

Post by mrix » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:59 pm

I own a farm, Many fields.. You brought that anywere near me you would be told to hop it..I am a farmer not a solicitor..
The landowner contract is not only beneficial for the farmer but for the metal detectorist surely??
At the end of the day its only to show that you have allowed them to detect on your land :)
I cant see a problem with that?
Cheers
mrix

Oldest Swinger

Post by Oldest Swinger » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:56 am

detectormad wrote:I own a farm, Many fields.. You brought that anywere near me you would be told to hop it..I am a farmer not a solicitor..
My farmer is very good I took every item I have found so far to him and offered the lot, he said " you keep it (including the silver hammered) however if you find owt valluable then we need to come to some agreement". So in my mind I think this means if I find a hoard, then I go see him with said agreement and just suggest it in his interest we sign. Once signed I would reveal the location and start the proper procedures. What I am saying is that although I trust my farmer I will not be finding any hoards until the agreement signed.

Paul

I dont think this is irresponsable.
DEUS

I may be slow but can still get to my knees for the glint of gold

manny

Post by manny » Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:10 pm

detectormad wrote:I own a farm, Many fields.. You brought that anywere near me you would be told to hop it..I am a farmer not a solicitor..
I think my farmers would tell me to clear off if I handed one of those to him. I don't have any contract regarding finds as we have complete trust in each other in that unlikely event of that 'lifetime' find. I don't tend to collect either so give 90 per cent of what comes up to the farmer and put it in a display case in their shooting room (yes they are that posh!). Call me odd but I just enjoy seeing their faces when the stuff comes out of my bag.

It's nice to share as they say.... :)

julesofkernow

Re: Landowners Contract Permission Form

Post by julesofkernow » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:16 pm

mrix wrote:

Cheers
mrix
Hi all,
Ideal way to tie things up with the land owner like has been said I show them my NCMD membership card and I have also had some business cards made up which I clip onto the land owners contract. I know that sounds a bit lame but it realy is helping, I have had had two extra permisiions through people who have passed my card over to other landowners . Be interseting too see if anyone here does the same ot not??
I have addede a picture of one.

Jules
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
http://cornwallhistoryhunters-couk.webs.com/

Secretary and sites officer and also tea maker.

Finnbass

Post by Finnbass » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:58 pm

I agree with this sentiment but.... horses for courses etc.

manny

Post by manny » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:14 pm

julesofkernow wrote:
mrix wrote:

Cheers
mrix
Hi all,
Ideal way to tie things up with the land owner like has been said I show them my NCMD membership card and I have also had some business cards made up which I clip onto the land owners contract. I know that sounds a bit lame but it realy is helping, I have had had two extra permisiions through people who have passed my card over to other landowners . Be interseting too see if anyone here does the same ot not??
I have addede a picture of one.

Jules
I avoid any detecting organisations like the plague. They take your money with an insurance cover suitable for a nuclear explosion and offer very little else. Detecting for me is all about freedom and my landowners don't want anything more than personal trust. Infact the thought that you are involved in an 'umbrella organisation' will ring alarm bells regarding potential intrusion into what is their land and heritage.

Blackadder43

Post by Blackadder43 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:19 pm

Manny...
Your personal choice is fine and i have no problem with it
But
If you ever wanted to attend a rally or charity dig as in the one i will be organising in the spring then you wont be aloud to attend...
It is a stipulation for all rally organisors to make sure everyone is a member of an official body, shows a modicum of responsibilty....And gives the farmer some peace of mind should a gate be left open and his cows run riot on the roads....
For a £5 a year i think its worth it....
Your choice though as mentioned.....

rustynail

Post by rustynail » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:08 am

I like the idea of presenting a business card, especially as it has all the relevant information on it. If anyone is worried about the validity of any particular insurance offered, then there's always the opportunity of visiting an insurance broker. They will search and offer you the best deal they can find that suits your particular needs. Just my opinion. :)
Will I? Won't I? What kind of silly question is that?

Garrett Ace 250

Blackadder43

Post by Blackadder43 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:12 am

The other thing about groups like the FID and NCMD is the fact we have an official voice in amongst all the detecting haters of this country......
At least they are pro-active about the hobby and keep us informed of anything trying to be slipped in under the radar....
Hopefully my money goes someway to support this......

Finnbass

Post by Finnbass » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:29 am

I've always found that being a member of a national organisation goes a long way.

Not just in detecting but almost all outdoor activities. When I used to shoot a lot, being a member of WAGBI or BASC was almost essential to assist in getting shooting permission, if only for the fact that it showed you probably weren't a 'chancer' and at least had third party insurance. The insurance element is probably even more essential now I would imagine, even if a metal detector is slightly less less lethal than a 12 bore :)

manny

Post by manny » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:01 pm

Blackadder43 wrote:Manny...
Your personal choice is fine and i have no problem with it
But
If you ever wanted to attend a rally or charity dig as in the one i will be organising in the spring then you wont be aloud to attend...
It is a stipulation for all rally organisors to make sure everyone is a member of an official body, shows a modicum of responsibilty....And gives the farmer some peace of mind should a gate be left open and his cows run riot on the roads....
For a £5 a year i think its worth it....
Your choice though as mentioned.....

Rallies are not for me. Too competitive and chaotic. I attended one years ago and it was 'won' by a lad I knew who had taken the item with him and claimed the find on the day.

Farmers by their very nature are independant people who dislike red tape and organisations with potential to interfere with their livelihood. The farmers who allow rallies on their land are doing it for the money as a form of diversification like camping...

As you say... it's purely a matter of choice for those who feel the need for it.

julesofkernow

Post by julesofkernow » Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:12 pm

manny wrote:
I think my farmers would tell me to clear off if I handed one of those to him. I don't have any contract regarding finds as we have complete trust in each other in that unlikely event of that 'lifetime' find. I don't tend to collect either so give 90 per cent of what comes up to the farmer and put it in a display case in their shooting room (yes they are that posh!). Call me odd but I just enjoy seeing their faces when the stuff comes out of my bag.

Think thats a bit sad Manny so what happens IF you do find something special then? Trust me I deal with a lot of farmers and I have never had ANY problems with this set up.

Just my opinion
Jules
http://cornwallhistoryhunters-couk.webs.com/

Secretary and sites officer and also tea maker.

manny

Post by manny » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:24 pm

julesofkernow wrote:
manny wrote:

Think thats a bit sad Manny so what happens IF you do find something special then? Trust me I deal with a lot of farmers and I have never had ANY problems with this set up.

Just my opinion
Jules
I honestly don't think they would have let me near their land if I'd asked for a 50/50. Others had tried before me and failed. They are decent people so I guess I will have to wait and see should anything turn up of great value.

It's seriously tough in the south to get anywhere near decent land and the arch-ies have poisoned the landowners big time. Every rabbit scrape is a 'night hawk' and every detectorist a villain out to rob. It's a question of playing it their way or sit indoors wondering.

I'm sure you are right when dealing with a normal farmer... but these guys are big estate owners and what lies in their fields is 'their heritage'. It's the finding for me really.... which is just as well eh? :)

Return to “Permissions”