How to deal with contract?

Please post all topics here related to the research and gaining finding permission to metal detect.
stejens

How to deal with contract?

Post by stejens »

Hi all,

I was just sorting out my NCMD contracts for when I go to hopefully gain a permission. I was wondering how you handle contracts as I have never had to do this before.

Do I print 2 of them out, give a copy to the landowner, and keep a copy myself?

I see it has the option to put in a value of finds to be shared with the landowner, which is left blank to put in a number, I assume to leave this for the landowner to mark? I put 50% in the other box though. I just wonder if they stick in a quid, and I find a hammy worth a tenner that I would like to go in my collection as with all others finds I have made, what to do :-/

Also at the bottom it wants name and personal address, seems a bit odd but I put mine on both anyway (I assume it's correct)

All a bit confusing for a first time contractee, so any advice appreciated. ::g

Xp Deus & Nox 800
Garrett Carrot
Roughneck Micro Shovel / Evolution Dagger
Best finds: Lionheart Hammy - Medieval Seal Matrix - Gold/Silver Tudor Hat Pin.

Steve B-)

My YouTube Link:
https://www.youtube.com/user/stejens1 l;/

Oxgirl36

Re: How to deal with contract?

Post by Oxgirl36 »

You might want to read this thread .

As you’ll see they are rarely used by most of us. I have one, my first permission, but have never bothered since. If you'd like something in writing then a text of email with any agreed terms is just as legally binding and a lot less formal. Your choice, of course ::g
Carpe vinum

XP Deus !!£$ I use the HOT programme on 17khz, reactivity at 2.5 on v5.21 with the X35 11” coil

stejens

Re: How to deal with contract?

Post by stejens »

Oxgirl36 wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:41 pm
You might want to read this thread .

As you’ll see they are rarely used by most of us. I have one, my first permission, but have never bothered since. If you'd like something in writing then a text of email with any agreed terms is just as legally binding and a lot less formal. Your choice, of course ::g
The lady who owns the land did mention on the phone to bring a contract, and also mentioned the 50/50 split. So thought maybe I would go for the official one from NCMD if she wanted one anyway, with the code of conduct on the back, that way it all looks professional, which she seems to be.

I may go for something like you linked above though, it probably will be just as good, thanks :) ::g
Xp Deus & Nox 800
Garrett Carrot
Roughneck Micro Shovel / Evolution Dagger
Best finds: Lionheart Hammy - Medieval Seal Matrix - Gold/Silver Tudor Hat Pin.

Steve B-)

My YouTube Link:
https://www.youtube.com/user/stejens1 l;/

Return to “Permissions Forum”