It's a zoo out there

This forum is for news and views from other metal detectorist`s throughout the world.
leslie(nova scotia)

It's a zoo out there

Post by leslie(nova scotia) »

With the walls closing in as the snow gets deeper ones mind wanders. Got to thinking about animals. More precisely those that I have found detecting. Sure that it has crossed your mind while out detecting in the woods of what we may encounter. These however never display a danger as they all came from the under world!
IMG_2571[1].jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sweepstick47

Re: It's a zoo out there

Post by sweepstick47 »

Quite an animal menagerie you have there Leslie ::g
Orpheus was obviously keeping a low profile :) Regards ss47
A disservice is no service at all.

littleboot

Re: It's a zoo out there

Post by littleboot »

Haha...great collection. It is remarkable to be reminded just how many finds (even coins like our 'wren' farthing) feature depictions of animals. I also notice this in youtube videos about mudlarking adventures....lots of animals in one form or another.

You mention meeting animals while out and about. Over here in northern France I encounter wild boar and it has become apparent that the wolves are also moving in to the forest. What encounters have you had yourself, Leslie? (And i do appreciate that the most irksome and dangerous animals we are ever liable to meet detecting are human beings, so aside from those... :)) )
Equinox 600, GMP, wellies.

leslie(nova scotia)

yo L

Post by leslie(nova scotia) »

littleboot wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:08 am
Haha...great collection. It is remarkable to be reminded just how many finds (even coins like our 'wren' farthing) feature depictions of animals. I also notice this in youtube videos about mudlarking adventures....lots of animals in one form or another.

You mention meeting animals while out and about. Over here in northern France I encounter wild boar and it has become apparent that the wolves are also moving in to the forest. What encounters have you had yourself, Leslie? (And i do appreciate that the most irksome and dangerous animals we are ever liable to meet detecting are human beings, so aside from those... :)) )
As for animals I have encountered while detecting...in the NWT a bear, NFLd moose, and in NS deer, weasels,fox, ground hogs, coyote and porcupines. Only one that was scary was the bear!

Return to “International Friends”