SOVEREIGN

Only for the discussion of the Minelab Sovereign metal detector within this forum.
shotwell

SOVEREIGN

Post by shotwell » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:00 pm

Something that i wanted to ask regarding the interference on the sovereign on the beach at
Cleethorpes .
I was detecting approx 200 yards away from cleggy pier on a very foggy morning and the Sov went crackers and would not work correctly at all .
But found that if i went South away from the pier it began to work the way it should.
Then i turned around and went towards the pier sov just gave up working again and went all eratic.
Has anybody else experienced this at all .

Ian

former member

Re: SOVEREIGN

Post by former member » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:11 pm

Sovereign's are quite susceptable to EMI quite often from under ground/sea cables ;f

Saffron

Post by Saffron » Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:52 pm

I think that there is probably more EMI around than people realise, and some of this could effect detectors.

A few years back several people at different times parked in the High Street in a village close to me could found they not unlock their cars. The local garage soon caught on and when called out just towed the car a few hundred yards down the road and told the puzzled driver to try again ... like magic they could then undo the locks. To the best of my knowledge they never did find out what was causing the interferrence.

Evan

sweepstick47

Post by sweepstick47 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:59 am

Saffron wrote:I think that there is probably more EMI around than people realise, and some of this could effect detectors.

A few years back several people at different times parked in the High Street in a village close to me could found they not unlock their cars. The local garage soon caught on and when called out just towed the car a few hundred yards down the road and told the puzzled driver to try again ... like magic they could then undo the locks. To the best of my knowledge they never did find out what was causing the interferrence.

Evan
Better check to see if the village you refer to falls in one of the known 'UFO belts' - :D ss47
Arado 130 - Garrett Groundhog - Tesoro Eldorado - Fisher 1265X - Goldmax Power Makro Racer. Homemade Harness!

John and Dawn

Post by John and Dawn » Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:31 am

Yes I have had this. There is a telecomms cable that runs there and also you get emi from the beach wardens radio.
John and Dawn.

CTX 3030 (X2)
Ringfinder sand scoop

shotwell

Post by shotwell » Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:47 pm

John and Dawn wrote:Yes I have had this. There is a telecomms cable that runs there and also you get emi from the beach wardens radio.

Thanks for that thought i was going nuts :D

Ian

Return to “Minelab Sovereign Forum”